True." All children under age 16 must apply for a passport in person with two parents or guardians using Form DS-11. You cannot renew your child's passport. Passports for children under age 16 are only valid for five years. DS-11 Application for a US passport. The form filler will select the correct form for you based on the information you input. It may generate a different form from what you expect. Do not sign your child's application until instructed to do so by the acceptance agent. You must provide your child's social security number if they have been issued one. You can apply for a passport book, a passport card, or both documents. U.S. citizenship evidence: you must submit one of the following U.S. citizenship documents for your child. Your evidence must be an original or certified physical copy. Photocopies and notarized copies are not acceptable. A fully valid undamaged U.S. passport (may be expired), a U.S. birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Certification of Birth, or a Certificate of Citizenship. Submit a photocopy of the front and back if there is printed information of the U.S. citizenship evidence you're submitting. Show parental relationship: you must submit documentation that lists the parents or legal guardians of the child applying for a passport. The following may be used to show parental relationship: a U.S. birth certificate, also evidence of U.S. citizenship; a Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth, also evidence of U.S. citizenship; a foreign birth certificate; an adoption decree; a divorce or custody decree. Please note, some documents like a U.S. birth certificate show both U.S. citizenship and parental relationship. These documents must be originals or certified copies, not photocopies. The parents/guardians must present one of the following identification documents (IDs) to the...
Award-winning PDF software
How to cope with bureaucracy electronically and Renew Passport Form Ds 11 online
- Open a form in your browser by clicking Get form.
- Wait for the template to load and Renew Passport Form Ds 11 in a few clicks online.
- Just type and press Enter to move from field to field easily.
- Insert personal data, contact details, and digits in the corresponding fields.
- To Renew Passport Form Ds 11 correctly, take advantage of the built-in editor's advanced functions.
- Double-check your completed document carefully for errors and inaccuracies.
- Click Help to get a complete guide for using the full-featured editor or contact the support team if you have more questions.
- Create your legally-binding e-signature by typing, drawing, or capturing a photo and put it on the PDF.
- Submit your PDF by clicking Done and distribute your file via email or fax.
- You can also download or print the form changing page orientation up to your needs.
The online service helps you edit your document hassle-free without downloading software or printing and scanning a pile of papers. Fill out electronically and file the document at once or notarize it in real-time. Get the most of the web-based solution and cut red-tape off in no time via a strong internet connection and your device.